2013 Season Review
By SUU Strategic Communication
The 2013 Southern Utah University soccer season came to a close with the Thunderbirds winning two of their final four games to finish the year with a Big Sky Conference record of 3-5-1 to go along with an overall mark of 6-11-1. The six victories collected by SUU is its highest total in four years and also represents its fourth best mark in 13 seasons as a program. The Thunderbird roster featured a young but talented group as the team welcomed in 13 freshmen to start the season, but it grew together as evidenced by the following records and statistics achieved by Southern Utah in 2013.
2013 SUU Soccer Notes
• A total of 15 different Thunderbirds scored a goal during the 2013 season, with seven
of those student-athletes recording multiple goals.
• SUU freshmen accounted for nine of the team’s 26 goals, 12 of its 17 assists and 97 of
its 227 shots.
• Sophomore midfielder Nancy Brich led the team with four goals and nine total points.
• The 67 corner kicks attempted by Southern Utah in 2013 matches the second-highest
season total in program history.
• The Thunderbirds collected three shutouts in 2013, matching the fourth-highest total in
• The 2013 Thunderbird team set a new program record by attempting and successfully
converting three penalty kicks.
• The 26 goals and 69 points racked up by the Thunderbirds in 2013 match the third best
marks in team history. Southern Utah also collected 17 assists to equal is fourth highest
• The Thunderbirds four goals against UCSB will go down among the top-five
single-game scoring performances in the SUU record books.