Functions of the SAAC:
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
2014-15 SAAC Officers
President Vice President Treasurer Secretary Media Relations/Marketing Brittney Jensen Ashley Ostler Alex Anderson Ana Jaworski Jayson Matlock
2014-15 Toiletry Drive
The Southern Utah University Student Athlete Advisory Committee, winners of the 2013-14 SAAC Conference Cup, will be holding a year-long toiletry drive to benefit the Cedar City community. Thunderbird fans are encouraged to bring unused toiletry items to athletic competitions throughout the year to help the cause. SAAC will then distribute the items each month to local organizations to help the less fortunate in the Cedar City area.
Fans can receive discounted tickets ($1 for each item, up to $5) on certain weekends, including the weekend of Oct. 11 when SUU volleyball hosts Montana and Montana State and when football hosts Eastern Washington. For more information on what you can give or specific weekends to watch for, please contact Jenna Ayers at email@example.com or by phone at 435-586-7753.